Tuesday, January 8, 2013

50 Things You May Not Have Known About Me.


I was visiting some other blogs that are part of a blogging group I belong to when I stumbled upon the idea to create a list of , “The 50 Things You May Not Know About Me”.  I loved reading the list at Older Mommy, Still Yummy so much that I decided to try to come up with my own.  It was so much fun that I really hope you will give it a try too!!
So, here goes….
  1. I'm a five+ year, breast cancer survivor.
  2. I prefer 'oldies', so usualy listen to CFBC radio.
  3. One of our  four daughters lives in Fort MacMurray, Alberta.
  4. I love a good challenge. (this is one right here)
  5. I live on Darling's Island (yes, it's actually an island), in a community called  Nauwigewauk.  (Can you wrap your tongue around that one?)
  6. I own a small business called 'Oak Lawn Images'.
  7. We've been married for over 42 years. (wow, where does the time go??)
  8. We have 4 adult daughters, and 7 grandchildren, ages 20 years to 2 years.
  9. I salivate at the smell of dulse.
  10. I wish I had long thick hair!!
  11. I have a great sence of smell.
  12. I love music, but do not have a musical bone in  my body. (though I sing in perfect pitch to the car radio he,he)
  13. My favourite colour is green.
  14. I drove from New Brunswick to Alberta once, and would love to do it again with my sisters.
  15. So far I have moved 5 times in my life but have never moved out of my home province.
  16. We have a campfire pit complete with waiting chair for evening, Summer guests.
  17. I drink a lot of tea every day, very little coffee, except when I go out in the car or visiting, then I drink a lot.
  18. I believe in “ghosts”.
  19. I have  weakness for anything salty!
  20. I like reading.
  21. I am a retired Registered Nurse.
  22. I am a Gemini...yes and all the characheristics that go with that.
  23. My dad died when I was 27 and my mom in 2005.
  24. In season, on Saturday and Some Sundays, my husband and I often man a table at our local Farmer and Crafts Market.
  25. We sell my own photo Greeting Cards and photo prints.
  26. I belong to a book club and we meet the last Monday of the month.
  27. I love to travel. 
  28. I am a recycling and composting fanatic.
  29. I'm attempting to complete a "Once Upon a Lifetime..." journal began by my mother.
  30. We have a very old German shepherd mixed dog, named Zazu.
  31. I usually prefer white wine over red.(but am learning to appreciate red)
  32. I wish I'd tried a little harder when my mother and grandmother tried to teach me to knit.
  33. I really admire teachers.
  34. I don’t like being alone, at night, in my house.
  35. I like to play board games.
  36. I love to garden any time of the year and it takes the whole season to keep it maintained.
  37. I wish I had been born with red hair.
  38. As a nurse, I worked for several years on the Palliative Care Unit and I loved it!
  39. My middle name is Frances.
  40. I love camping.
  41. I try to watch Miracle on 34th Street, It’s a Wonderful Life, and new Christmas specials, every year on  television.
  42. I'm a huge Elvis fan.
  43. I'm a trekkie.
  44. I love to sleep on our deck swing on a warm summer's night.
  45. I'm busier now since retiring.
  46. I have pierced ears, but no tattoos, yet.
  47. I love art, but can't paint or draw, but would love to learn.
  48. I make home made crabapple jelly and give most of it away!
  49. My favourite movie is "The Sound of Music".
  50. I live on Canada’s east coast, just minutes from the ocean, but don’t  like lobster, shrimp, clams or mussels.
I borrowed this idea from Older Mommy, Still Yummy I hope you enjoyed reading my list of 50 Things and I would love to read yours.  If you create one, be sure to leave me a comment so I can come and visit!

7 comments:

  1. Enjoyed your list, very nice! Maybe I will start mine too :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Claudia. I would love to read you list, too.

      Delete
  2. What a great list Kathy, loved reading it and learned a few things too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the list, Kathy. Most of the things about you I already knew, but there were a few that were new to me. Red hair, eh??!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I figured you'd know some of them. Now, I'll be looking for your list.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for checking out my post!! I love reading your comments. Don't forget to include your link, so I can check out your post, too!