Sunday, July 3, 2011

On Being a Grandma - A Series


On Being a Grandma  
   
This is the first of series thoughts, on being a grandmother of seven beautiful children. This will be a weekly feature for the next little while any, to be published each Sunday. I do hope you enjoy these weekly features and I appreciate any feedback you have on each subject discussed.



Brandon & his proud Mom & Dad

July 3, 2011

Yesterday, as I was having a short nap, I was awakened by my eighteen year old grandson, who came to say goodbye to us, before leaving for the summer. 

Brandon had just graduated from High School the previous week, and having been with the Canadian Militia for the past few years, decided to spend the summer away at a training camp in Ontario.

I was proud of him, but a little saddened, not just seeing him leave, because grandsons aren’t always around that much once they hit their teens anyway, but because he seemed so grown up when he hugged us good-bye! It made me stop and wonder where that little boy went, who used to follow his grandfather all around the yard as he did chores?  And, where was the little boy who used to cuddle up with me under a blanket on the couch to watch the latest Disney movie?

Brandon & me

But then I realized, he WAS that little boy, who thought enough of us, to drive out to our house and give us such a fond farewell.

Good Luck Brandon with your military training and we’ll see you in September!!


Kathy


2 comments:

  1. What a wonderful post, very sweet and such a handsome grandson!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a beautiful post and you're correct, in your heart he's still that little boy and he obviously cares very much to make a special trip out to your place to visit before he goes to Ontario.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for checking out my post!! I love reading your comments. Don't forget to include your link, so I can check out your post, too!